MathWorks announced Release 2014a (R2014a) of its MATLAB and Simulink product families. R2014a includes new releases of MATLAB and Simulink, and updates and bug fixes to 81 other products.
R2014a includes new releases of MATLAB and Simulink, one new product, and updates and bug fixes to all other products.
x64 only ~ feel free to patch the x86 versions or either libmwservices.so/libmwservices.dylib if you like ….:-)
1) Replace install.jar on the install disc/image with the one provided. How you do that is up to you… copy the entire disc to folder and overwrite install.jar ( in the java folder) or use an ISO editor like UltraISO to edit the image directly. This is same as the windoze version , in that the install.jar is modified to allow the key provided to install all toolboxes.
2) Mount Matlab 2014a UNIX disc and run the appropriate installer for either Linux(UNIX) or MAC OS X
3) choose “install manually without using the internet”
4) when prompted to enter the “file installation key” use
12345-67890-12345-67890 ( 20 digits Nothing special… you can use vvlmv’s key if you like 12313-94680-65562-90832 )
5) pick the toolboxes you want to install ( they should all be avalible)
6) select activation without internet and use “license_405329_R2014a.lic” as license file. ( Nothing special in the license, It’s just one I used when experimenting )
Linux Copy/overwrite libmwservices.so ( from the linux folder provided ) to : /usr/local/MATLAB/R2014A/bin/glnxa64.. ( or where ever you have installed MATLAB .. this path would be from Ubuntu for example) As you’re using linux, I don’t have to explain user owned files vs root owned files … right ?
MAC OS X Copy/overwrite libmwservices.dylib ( from the MAC OS X folder provided) to : \MATLAB_R2014a.app\bin\maci64
Interestingly for both Linux and MAC OS X, the compiler seems to run just fine with no other files patched. ( unlike windoze) There are a couple of other FLEXLM’d files ( libinstutil.so ( linux), but I haven’t discovered are problems.. please feel free to experiment.
Note: Install.jar is from vvmlv’s windoze release… that’s the beauty of JAVA… it’s OS independant… ( actually that’s the only good thing about JAVA….LOL)
(Use it or not … it’s up to you… I had some time to waste one day and a colleague of mine had a Macbook pro that he wanted to use… having said that , it seems to run slower than the windoze version)
- Posts : 33
Join date : 2014-10-25
- Posts : 2
Join date : 2015-10-03
- Posts : 1
Join date : 2016-04-20
- Posts : 63
Join date : 2016-05-25
- Posts : 1
Join date : 2018-02-03
- Posts : 34
Join date : 2016-09-20
- Posts : 1056
Join date : 2015-05-05